A clean plate

|
I'm big on to do lists. Unfortunately, I'm much better at adding things to my many lists than I am at crossing them off. Yes, I have completion issues.

One thing that helps is to remember to "clean my plate". At least once each week I identify at least three things that I can do that week that when finished, will be completely removed from my list, at least for the time being. In other words, I know that there are recurring tasks, like vacuuming or doing laundry that are crossed off my list one week, only to be added back again the following week. And then there are finite tasks, like taking that big bag of clothing to Goodwill or purging my home office files that I don't have to do often. Getting at least a few items "off my plate" each week gives me a much-needed sense of accomplishment. Now I just need to learn how NOT to fill those newly empty spaces with new tasks.

0 comments: