Waste those time wasters

|
When I think of procrastinating, I think of being lazy - not doing what needs to be done. However, I'm beginning to realize that excessive busy-ness can also be a hallmark of procrastination. It's a subversive form of self-denial that enables us to trick ourselves into not doing what needs to be done because we're "too busy". Hence, we can avoid "the work" and the guilt we would otherwise feel for not doing it.

Have you ever had days where you've been busy all day long, but at the end of the day, felt like you haven't accomplished a thing? I think what matters most is figuring out what's important, and spending the bulk of our time and energy focused on those things, and letting the other stuff go. Not only will we feel a great sense of accomplishment, but I for one will probably feel a much greater sense of satisfaction knowing that I've spent the day with my goals and my efforts in alignment. For some great tips on letting go of the need for busywork, visit Zen Habits.

0 comments: