The way we spend our days

|
Have you noticed that there never seems to be enough time to do everything on your to do list? I have, and it frustrates me. However, yesterday I had an "ah-ha" moment. I realized that the answer is not to figure out how to cram more activities into my days. Instead, the answer lies in removing things from my to do list that don't really need to be there. The operative word here is "really", and it's up to me to decide what that's going to mean moving forward.

The writer Annie Dillard is quoted to have said that "the way we spend our days is the way we spend our lives." Wow. When I think about it that way, it really changes my perspective on what's important. I don't want to spend the second half of my life doing things that aren't important or that don't bring joy to me or to someone else. So, it's time to take a long, hard look at what's truly important to me, and the to re-evaluate the way I'm spending my days. Making the conscious choice to align the way I spend my time with my core values (key roles) will not only remove a lot of busywork or OPW (Other People's Work), but will also give me much more time and energy to focus on my ultimate goals.

(t0 be continued)

0 comments: